Darwin Off-Road Cyclists have partnered with R U OK for this years Poker Race.
A fun novelty event at the pine forest. A pairs race with a mystery partner, someone you potentially have never met before.
|When:||Saturday 12th September 4.30pm Sharp|
|Where:||Howard Springs Pine Forest Meet at the Stow Road entrance.|
Please check the special regulations (at the end of this post) before registering for this event.
Your name will be assigned a number, it will then be ran through our mysterious partner generator. Kinda like Tinder for MTB riders (but not really).
You’ll then meet and greet your partner for the day and work out your strategy. Who will do first lap? Who will trash talk opposing teams? Whose shout is it for post race drinks and BBQ? All those sorts of important things.
The Poker part of the race is even simpler, after the end of each lap a card is given to the rider, after the end of the race (6 laps) each team discards one card for a 5-card poker hand. Show this hand to the organisers. Best hand wins!
- Prize money for 1st 2nd and 3rd best hand. In the event of a draw riders will be asked to draw a card from a deck and the highest card wins.
- Random number draw for some prize packs,
- Longest skid prize
Remember, skids are great fun on gravel and fire roads. Please remember to use bike control skills and avoid skidding on trails. Skidding on trails damages the trail, especially if done repetitively on the approach to corners and obstacles.
The course is approximately 4.6 Km long and each rider will complete 3 laps each.
This event is aimed at maximum fun on an achievable course for all levels of riders.
Meeting point will be the corner of Howard springs road and Stow road.
Sign on and plate collection at 3:30 PM racing starts at 4:30 PM.
Registration closes 9:00 pm Friday 11th (The race director can be bribed with beer to accept late entries).
With the requirements for social distancing set in place by the NT Government, we have a few new rules
- Spectators are allowed to attend the race in line with social distancing restrictions .
- We will also be adhering to the 1.5m social distancing rule before, after and the during the race.
- During the race there will be
- No drafting,
- At least a bike length between bikes at all times unless passing.
- When passing you have 30 seconds to complete the pass and the person passed must drop back a bike length.
There will be a supply of water from which you may refill your bottle or hydration pack.
Please download and install the COVID Safe App
If you have an elevated temperature or if you’re feeling unwell, please sit this one out.
We hope you understand the reasoning behind such measures and be assured these will only be in place until all restrictions associated with Covid 19 are lifted by the NT Government.
More information is available on the Sports and Recreation web site