Mountain Bike Australia has an online membership facility for new and renewing MTBA & Club membership. MTBA’s online membership facility is DORC’s preferred method for all new and renewing DORC members. This makes membership admin much easier for the club.
Junior Members – NT Government Sports Voucher Scheme
The NT Government sports voucher scheme will cover your DORC and MTBA membership.
Do not join using the MTBA online facility. Go to the Junior Membership Page for more details.
Benefits of Membership
Some of the benefits of joining MTBA include:
- A national autonomous body for mountain biking
- National series that is raced all over Australia
- Cost effective membership
- Well priced day membership fees
- Rolling licenses (valid for 12 months from date of purchase)
- Flexibility in membership types (both recreational and competitive)
- All money collected by MTBA is returned to mountain biking clubs and riders
- Component of national membership is directed back to assist clubs in local development initiatives
- Trails maintenance funding for states and clubs
- Works to keep trails open for all riders
- All members can race all MTBA events nationwide (club, state series, state championships, national series, national championships)
- Each rider will receive a card
- Works to promote the sport to the general public through its contacts with the media
- Markets the sport to sponsors and television
You can take out as many day membership permits as you like but there are some pretty good reasons why a full 12 month membership is better:
- You get additional insurance coverage for the time you are ‘just’ riding your bike at the same level as the great coverage you get in competition.
- You only have to fill in forms once every 12 months instead of at every event, saving you time and the club volunteer’s time in administration.
- Your membership fee has helped to finance IMBA Australia who lobby Local and State Governments and land managers to open, build and maintain trails that are local to you.
- A full MTBA membership can be used at events held by any other affiliated MTBA club throughout Australia, including at state or national level. You can even accrue UCI points at selected national level events!
- Lastly, a full MTBA membership saves you money – for a junior if you participate in just 4 or more events or for a senior if you participate in only 5 or more events in 12 months you save!
For more details, including types of membership and fees, check MTBA’s online membership facility.