Course map added. The Cycle Zone 3 Hour is Darwin’s longest running annual mountain bike event.
Starting at 4:15, the race goes through late afternoon and in to the early night.
The track is easy with a few small technical features, and the riding is fun. If you haven’t done a DORC race before, this is the time to start.
Ride as many, or as few laps as you like, or team up with a partner to share the load.
|When:||Saturday 13th June|
|Where:||Howard Springs Pine Forest.|
|Difficulty:||Easy peasy with a few technical features|
Please check the special regulations (at the end of this post) before registering for this event.
- Elite Men – For those that want to go fast
- Sports Men – For the rest
- E-Bike – Electric-assisted bikes
- Singlespeed – Bikes with only one gear
A DORC Mountain Bike race is really great fun, If this is your first race, and you’re feeling uncertain, check out our Race Details page
DORC / MTBA members: $5
NON-DORCMembers: $36 (Covers race entry + day license/MTBA insurance)
Consider DORC/MTBA membership before the race! Check out the details and benefits.
Regulations and Rules:
Riders should carry puncture repair kits, water, mobile phone(with first aid numbers) and food with them whilst riding. Helmet must be worn at all times whilst riding. It is also advisable to have gloves and eye protection as well.
Lights are required after 18:00, a front light of an intensity that enables the rider to safely ride at night. A rear (non flashing) red light is also required.
At any time a competitors comes across a fellow rider needing assistance you shall render any assistance needed
Riders will not be permitted to go out on the course after 18:00 without front and rear lights. Riders will be permitted to go out on a final lap at any time before 19:15.
The ride is a 3-hr, but you may finish at any time. If you decide to finish early, please tell the timing people that you have finished, sign off and return your race number.
Saturday, 15th June
15:00 Sign on and plate collection opens
16:00 Rider briefing
16:15 Race start all riders
18:00 Lights must be on the bike
19:15 Course closed
BBQ will be running while the race is running. Drinks will be available.
With the requirements for social distancing set in place by the NT Government, we have a few new rules
- Spectators are allowed to attend the race in line with social distancing restrictions .
- We will also be adhering to the 1.5m social distancing rule before, after and the during the race.
- During the race there will be
- No drafting,
- At least a bike length between bikes at all times unless passing.
- When passing you have 30 seconds to complete the pass and the person passed must drop back a bike length.
There will be a supply of water from which you may refill your bottle or hydration pack.
Please download and install the COVID Safe App
If you have an elevated temperature or if you’re feeling unwell, please sit this one out.
We hope you understand the reasoning behind such measures and be assured these will only be in place until all restrictions associated with Covid 19 are lifted by the NT Government.
More information is available on the Sports and Recreation web site
- Even though it’s our dry season, it’s still hot. Here’s some Hydration in the Tropics information
- If you haven’t done a race before, it’s no big deal. Check out our race information for beginners page
DORC Jerseys will be available at the race.
Buy Online, pickup at the race.