One hot lap of the Pine forest. Starting at Stow rd, experience just about every piece of trail on offer at the New Pine Forest. Great flow trail and technical sections to test everyone’s abilities, before heading back to Stow rd.
|When:||Sunday. 2nd August. 3.30pm Sharp|
|Where:||Howard Springs Pine Forest Meet at the Stow Road entrance.
Course Map below
|Difficulty:||Varied. Mostly easy with some moderate terrain|
Please check the special regulations (at the end of this post) before registering for this event.
- Elite Men – The challengers
- Elite Women – The challengers
- Sports Men – The participants
- Sports Women – The participants
- Masters Men (50+) – The legends
- Masters Women (50+) – The legends
- Singlespeed – The masochists
- E Bike – The cruisers
A DORC Mountain Bike race is great fun, If this is your first race, and you’re feeling uncertain, check out our Race Details page
Race distance is approximately 24km.
Direction: The route starts by heading (clockwise) along Howard Springs road to the Northeast before turning into the trails. Note there is a course cross-over point, the end of the Boulevard section. This is a figure-8 course. There is a long loop following the cross-over point. There is very little chance riders will encounter cross-traffic.
The preceding weekend there will be a social ride to view the course before the race.
Entry is online only!
- DORC / MTBA members: $10.
- NON-DORCMembers: $36 (Covers race entry + day license/MTBA insurance)
Race Entry includes a sausage and drink at the end of the race with the return of your race number plate.
Consider DORC/MTBA membership before the race! Check out the details and benefits.
Entries close at 10:00pm on 1/8/20 don’t delay enter today!!!
Early entries make organizing and catering for these events so much easier
Regulations and Rules:
Riders should carry puncture repair kits, water, mobile phone(with first aid numbers) and food with them whilst riding. Helmet must be worn at all times whilst riding. Gloves and eye protection is strongly advised.
At any time a competitor comes across a fellow rider needing assistance you shall render any assistance needed
If you choose to finish before returning to the finish line, please notify race control.
2:30 Sign on and plate collection opens
3:15 Rider briefing
3:30 Race start all riders
Refreshments will be available and a BBQ will be in operation. We now have cashless payments with Tap-and-Pay
With the requirements for social distancing set in place by the NT Government, we have a few new rules
- Spectators are allowed to attend the race in line with social distancing restrictions .
- We will also be adhering to the 1.5m social distancing rule before, after and the during the race.
- During the race there will be
- No drafting,
- At least a bike length between bikes at all times unless passing.
- When passing you have 30 seconds to complete the pass and the person passed must drop back a bike length.
There will be a supply of water from which you may refill your bottle or hydration pack.
Please download and install the COVID Safe App
If you have an elevated temperature or if you’re feeling unwell, please sit this one out.
We hope you understand the reasoning behind such measures and be assured these will only be in place until all restrictions associated with Covid 19 are lifted by the NT Government.
More information is available on the Sports and Recreation web site
- Even though it’s our dry season, it’s still hot. Please check out the information for Hydration in the Tropics
- If you haven’t done a race before, it’s no big deal. Check out our race information for beginners page
DORC Jerseys will be available at the race.
Buy Online, pickup at the race.
Cover photo: Lindsay Green