Committee Positions Available
DORC are currently seeking a secretary and two general committee members. Many hands make light work and DORC provides such a large range of services that we need your help to keep everything running smoothly.
As Secretary you would need to:
- coordinate the correspondence of the Association;
- ensure minutes of all proceedings of general meetings and of committee meetings are kept in accordance with section 38 of the Act;
- maintain the register of members in accordance with section 34 of the Act;
- unless the members resolve otherwise at a general meeting – have custody of all books, documents, records and registers of the Association, other than those required by clause 37(5) to be in the custody of the Treasurer; and
- perform any other duties imposed by this Constitution on the Secretary.
Don’t let this scare you off. It’s really easy and current committee members would help you find your feet. We don’t have a lot of correspondence coming through the club on a day to day basis.
As a general committee member you would need to:
- attend a monthly meeting
- assist with decision making with issues involving the club
- assist with club events such as races and community engagement events when available
- assist with the day to day running and organisation of the club.
- promote DORC in the wider community
We are a volunteer based club and therefore, our committee members give their time when they are able.
We’d love to have committed, passionate, friendly people joining us for 2022. If you have any questions or queries please contact DORC through our email or FB messenger chat and someone can give you a ring. #beadorc #imadorc