The second edition of the Charles Darwin Two+2 (Mark II)
Racing returns to the spiritual home of Mountain biking in the Top End with the
2 Stages, each stage is two hours. Ride Saturday. Ride Sunday. Ride both.
Ride as many, or as few laps as you like, or team up with a partner to share the load.
|When:||Saturday 17th July 3pm
Sunday 18th July 8am
|Plate Collection:||1 hour before start|
|Where:||Charles Darwin National Park. Meet at the picnic area. Course Map|
|Difficulty:||Moderate, with a couple of rocky sections|
Please check the special regulations (at the end of this post) before registering for this event.
- Elite Men and Women – For those that want to go fast
- Expert Men and Women – For the rest
- Masters Men and Women
- E-Bike – Electric-assisted bikes
- Singlespeed – Bikes with only one gear
- Teams of two, Men, Women and Mixed
A DORC Mountain Bike race is really great fun, If this is your first race, and you’re feeling uncertain, check out our Race Details page
The preceding weekend there will be a social ride to view the course before the race.
DORC / MTBA members: $10
NON-DORCMembers: $30 (Covers race entry + day license and insurance)
Consider DORC/AusCycling membership before the race! Check out the details and benefits.
(Your Entry Fee covers both days of racing)
Regulations and Rules:
Riders should carry puncture repair kits, water, mobile phone(with first aid numbers) and food with them whilst riding. Helmet must be worn at all times whilst riding. It is also advisable to have gloves and eye protection as well.
At any time a competitor comes across a fellow rider needing assistance you shall render any assistance needed
The race director reserves the right to close the course prior to the 2 hour mark if it’s getting too hot, or other safety reasons.
If you choose to finish before the race cut-off, please notify race control.
Saturday, 17th July
14:00 Sign on and plate collection opens
14:45 Rider briefing
15:00 Race start all riders
17:00 Course closed
Sunday, 18th July
7:00 Sign on and plate collection opens
7:45 Rider briefing
8:00 Race start all riders
10:00 Course closed
Refreshments will be available on Saturday after the race, and a BBQ Breakfast will be available after the race on Sunday
Special regulations may be in place for this race until further advice from NT Health and the CHO
With the requirements for social distancing set in place by the NT Government, we have a few new rules
- Spectators are allowed to attend the race in line with social distancing restrictions .
- Mask will need to be worn if social distancing cannot be adhered to
- We will also be adhering to the 1.5m social distancing rule before, after and the during the race.
- During the race there will be
- No drafting,
- At least a bike length between bikes at all times unless passing.
- When passing you have 30 seconds to complete the pass and the person passed must drop back a bike length.
There will be a supply of water from which you may refill your bottle or hydration pack.
Please download and install the COVID Safe App
If you have an elevated temperature or if you’re feeling unwell, please sit this one out.
We hope you understand the reasoning behind such measures and be assured these will only be in place until all restrictions associated with Covid 19 are lifted by the NT Government.
More information is available on the Sports and Recreation web site
- Even though it’s our dry season, it’s still hot. Please check out the information for Hydration in the Tropics
- If you haven’t done a race before, it’s no big deal. Check out our race information for beginners page
DORC Jerseys will be available at the race.
Cover photo: Dave Wigley