Fellow MTBers, here is a quick wrap up of the clubs achievements for 2015, in no particular order:
- Good Guys Berrimah Hill 2 hr – 82 entrants
- Cycle Zone Pine Forrest 3 Hour – 100 entrants
- Spokes NT CDNP Challenge – 56 entrants
- Blue Cycles CDNP 3 Hour – 53 entrants
- CDNP Enduro – no details
- Lee Point Enduro – 29 entrants
- Berrimah Hill Enduro – 38 entrants
- Monsoon Madness Lee Point. – 77 entrants
- Total participation across all race events 435.
- 12 Night rides (awesome effort Dave)
- 10 Social Rides (thanks to all those who hosted a social ride)
- 3 Trail Maintenance Sessions
- 3 Womens Skills sessions
- 11 Committee Meetings
- Worked with NTPWC to have Dirt Art construct Wirraway, Spitfire and the Pump track in CDNP.
- Increased Womens participation numbers in MTBing.
- Developed a draft MOU with NTPWC and DORC for the management of the Trails in CDNP.
- Had four Level 1 Coaches signed off by MTBA.
- Had input to the NTPW Casuarina Costal Reserve improvements, Litchfield Sub user Group (Pine Forest Trails), Bicentennial Park improvements, Litchfield NP Draft Management Plan, Dept Sport Rec and Racing Active Recreation Plan, Hidden Valley Motor Sports Master Plan and most importantly the NT MTB Master Plan.
- We had MTBA CEO Shane Coppin visit Darwin to look at our facilities and discuss with a range of people and organisations how to take MTB forward in Darwin and the NT.
- The Club Trailer had a touch up thanks to Tony Marker from Arafura Fabrication.
- Helped kick off Pedals NT.
- Held discussions with Territory Wildlife Park re the construction of MTB trails in the Park.
- Organised for dedicated ST Johns First Aiders to be present at DORC run events.
- Purchased CB Radios to assist in the smooth running of Enduro and other events.
- Darwin Subaru supplied First Aid Kits as giveaways at the Lee Point Enduro.
- Released our first Newsletter.
- Submitted Grant applications to purchase a New Timing System and pay for MTBA to run a Level 0 Coaching clinic. Outcome is still pending.
There will be other achievements that I will have missed but to all the members on the committee that made the above happen, our volunteers at events and trail maintenance days (special shout out to Rowena Eastric and her team of Gamba Grass eradicators), our supporters ranging from the NT Government, NTPWC, our club Sponsors Andrew Barcroft Good Guys, Cycle Zone, Blue Cycles, Spokes NT, Subaru and Eye Wise (apologies if I have missed any) to one and all thank you very much for your support and assistance through out 2015 and here is hoping that you will all be back for an even bigger and better 2016.